WARNER BROS IS DOING A LIVE-ACTION STATIC SHOCK DIGITAL SERIES!
Gal Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” Ray Fisher’s “Cyborg”, Jason Momoa’s “Aquaman” and Ezra Miller’s “Flash” mark milestones for the genre
While all eyes have looked to Marvel to produce a female-led superhero film, Warner Bros. and DC Comics catapulted ahead in the race on Wednesday with the announcement of a solo “Wonder Woman” film, starring Gal Gadot. The film is set to release in 2017.
Additionally, Warner Bros announced “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa, will be released in 2018 and gave the greenlight to a solo “Cyborg” film, to be released in 2020, starring African-American actor Ray Fisher.
DC also made history by casting out LGBT actor Ezra Miller to play superspeedster “The Flash,” getting his own solo film in 2018. Miller, who confirmed to Out Magazine that he was “queer” in 2012, becomes the first openly gay actor to lead a major superhero comic book adaptation on the big screen.
DIY Flax Seed Gel
So this weekend my little sister helped me make my first batch of flax seed gel! I’ve been meaning to try it, and I’m so glad I was able to go home to do so. This can be made in 5-10 minutes (depending on how thick you want the gel to be).
Some of the benefits of flax seed gel:
- Great for all hair types
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids - which help to nourish the hair while also giving it shine
- Provides a light hold while still defining curls and coils
- Leaves hair feeling non-crunching and not hard
- Pour 1/4 or 1/2 cup of flax seeds into a pot with 2 cups of hot water and bring it to a boil over medium heat—stirring occasionally. Less flax seeds = thinner gel. More flax seeds = thicker gel. Up to you!
- When a white frothy film begins to appear (the gel), turn off heat. Continue stirring as it simmers (Note: It’s actually preferred to use a wooden spoon if possible)
- Place nylon sock over container and pour mixture in, and then strain the gel into the storage container.
- Store the used flax seeds in another container and freeze them for later re-use.
That’s it! It’s so simple to make. You can also add essential oils for scent if you’d like. The gel can last up to 3 weeks if refrigerated and much longer if freezed. Hope this helps!
Deadline reports that Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara has revealed the current film slate for DC Comics-based properties, which includes 10 films spread through 2020. The DC Cinematic Universe will kick off with “Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice” in 2016 as expected, but Tsujihara confirmed the existence of the “Suicide Squad” film, also in 2016. 2017 brings “Wonder Woman” — presumably with Gal Gadot reprising her “Batman V Superman” role — and a stand-alone “Justice League” film. In 2018, the studio plans to expand the DC Cinematic Universe with two individual films — “The Flash” and “Aquaman.” 2019 slates the rumored “Shazam” film and a “Justice League” sequel. 2020, the final year with revealed films, will consist of “Cyborg” and a new “Green Lantern” film. Warner Bros. putting a “The Flash” film on the slate in 2018 is of particular note, considering that Warner Bros. Television has just launched a “The Flash” television series, but the film will feature a different person playing the fastest man alive. Also of note is that there are no other standalone Superman or Batman films other than “Batman V Superman,” though presumably both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck will reprise their roles in the stand-alone “Justice League” films.
- “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” Directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
- “Suicide Squad” Directed by David Ayer (2016)
- “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
- “Justice League Part One” Directed by Zack Snyder (2017)
- “The Flash” Starring Ezra Miller (2018)
- “Aquaman” starring Jason Mamoa (2018)
- “Shazam” (2019)
- “Justice League Part Two” Directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
- “Cyborg” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
- “Green Lantern” (2020)
Yes! Let’s have an honest conversation about misogyny in hip-hop because this white woman is being attacked, my fellow black men! Meanwhile, we’ll graciously overlook the fact that she called herself a slavemaster - a great indicator of just how highly she truly thinks of you guys outside of your ability to ensure the existence of her shitty career.